Job Assistance Program
"Employment is the number 1 predictor that a formerly incarcerated person will NOT return to prison."
We offer an array of services to assist unemployed participants in finding, getting and keeping a job or advanced training. Our program is open primarily to persons residing in the metro Providence area who are unemployed, low income, and one or more of the following: formerly incarcerated, in recovery from substance abuse, homeless or couch surfing or residing in zip codes: 02905, 07, 08, or 09. To register or obtain more information, call or write our Job Counselor at: 401-709-3697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checking out the job leads
- Assessment of job skills and basic needs
- One on one Job Counseling
- Job leads
- Weekly job tutoring on: resume preparation, cover letters, use of the internet for job searching, and interviewing
- Case Management
- Emergency Needs assistance
- Follow-up phone contacts with participants
- Letters of reference for applicants
- Business contacts
James tutors a participant in the internet
- In 2008, we registered over 250 unemployed men and women; over 75 per cent of them obtained employment at an average wage of $9.60
- In fiscal year 2007, The Blessing Way was one of only two agencies in New England to receive a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to work with those underrepresented in the job market
- It costs us about $100 per participant to provide job assistance
- We received the Honor of Hope Award from the White House Faith-Based & Community-Based Initiatives to honor our work in the U.S. Dept. of Labor grant, "Operation Get Started—Working with One Stop Delivery Systems"
Executive members of the Board of Directors hold a Certificate of Recognition for the Honor of Hope Award from the White House Office of Faith-Based/Community-Based Initiatives
John Martin of TCIC, Inc.
Eligibility: A demonstrated commitment to emotional and spiritual growth and a drug-free, crime-free life style. Call 401-709-3697 for an Intake Interview.
Learn more: About The Blessing Way, Explore Our History, Our Holistic Approach, Our Staff, Financial Information or Join our Mailing list to keep in touch with all of our on-going events.